- Livonia, MI, USA
- Full Time
Great benefit package with vacation, sick, personal, holiday pay and tuition reimbursement.
The primary purpose of this position is to assist the Credit Union in achieving its mission of becoming the members' financial partner. The role of the underwriter is to build trusted relationships by providing our members with superior financial solutions and outstanding service. In addition, the mortgage underwriter is responsible for reviewing and underwriting mortgage loans, identifying, analyzing and evaluating loan risks and compensating factors, and ensuring the marketability of closed loans and the safety of Credit Union assets. The Mortgage Underwriter will approve, suspend or deny loan applications. This position ensures that loans are approved within the terms of the Credit Union's standards and procedures, regulatory underwriting guidelines, and FHA, VA, and other secondary market requirements and provides support to the mortgage loan personnel.
- Provides the highest quality of service based on the Credit Union's Service Standards.
- Assumes responsibility for reviewing appraisals and ensuring that determined values are well documented.
- Assumes responsibility for accurately evaluating the credit worthiness of potential borrowers.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Credit Union personnel and with management.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional working relations with members and external lending professionals and governmental agencies.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent.
• Previous sales experience preferred
• Working knowledge of Co-op Services Credit Union products and services.
• Basic knowledge of debits, credits, understanding of cash handling and standard calculations using a 10 key calculator.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to members, as well as problem solving and research abilities
• Complete online university courses/modules as assigned.
Pleasant and professional
Good communication skills
Enjoys working with the public; always using a courteous professional approach
Flexible working hours
Organizer and planner
Possess decision-making abilities
Versatile in all aspects of the Credit Union
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!